English vocabulary and translations (See all)
We're wasting time. We're not using time effectively or productively.
Time's wasting! Time is passing by! We're losing time!
(toxic) waste: unused (poisonous chemical) materials, rubbish, trash
a waste (of time): a bad, unproductive use (of time)
UK: You're wasting your time trying to convince me.
US: The death of those young people was such a waste.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Johns, who has been widely criticised for wasting money on the album, responded to critics yesterday, saying: 'You're just jealous because you can't afford to have the Queen of England rap on one of your songs."
- "You're going to waste the batteries."
- "This is very important as I plan to cultivate fruits and vegetables and compost my waste."
- "Please allow me to respond to your question with a few questions of my own: why on earth are we wasting valuable work time by addressing such a completely ridiculous issue?"
- "I, for one, will never ever consider wasting my money on one of these e-book devices."
- "It's 5AM and daylight's wasting!"
- "I maintain the balance of fluid in the body by removing waste from the blood and excreting it as urine."
- "Ursula : And are you sorting your waste?"
- "In Germany, we have installed colored rubbish bins that contain different types of waste products."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Waste'? Share it with us!