English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
western: relating to the western world, as opposed to the eastern or oriental parts; moving toward the west
I've only traveled to western countries, but I would love to go to China or Thailand.
- "I'm in the middle of sabotaging an election in Western Europe."
- "Mrs. Brady's International School of English is situated in the delightful countryside of Cornwall, a county rich in history and legends located at the south-western tip of England."
- "Then we'll need an education branch to spread our Western propaganda, I'll probably have to wear some local garb to fit in."
- "It's no secret that Chinese companies have all but cornered the market on production and manufacturing, creating everything from A to Z for Western companies at favorable rates."
- "From a business perspective, the advantages for western companies are undeniable."
- "With the resources at his disposal, it wouldn't surprise anyone to see Wang come away with a new western subsidiary to play with."
- "Icarus : Using high pitch frequencies emitted by the global positioning device in Bruno's helicopter, and then cross referencing them both with the amount of fuel in the helicopter as well as all known latitude and longitudes in both the eastern and western hemispheres, I was able to project Bruno and Susie's trajectory and landing location within one kilometer!"
- "All signs indicate that outsourcing is providing an enormous economic service for western corporations, permitting them to save time and money by subcontracting their production to offshore companies."
Still having difficulties with 'Western'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Western'? Share it with us!