English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
wide: broad, extensive, big in width
Open wide and say "aaaahh". I need to see right inside your mouth!
- "Philip : A little wider there Icarus, this is going to be a three-pointer."
- "The wide spiral staircase that rises up through the building is spectacular."
- "Jason : There's a wide variety of openings."
- "Dr. Loblaw : Okay Mr. Connors, open wide and say "ahh"."
- "The "power suit" originated in the 1980s, and was typified by wide shoulder pads and sharp angles."
- "Delavigne is a company on the rise: we're finding new partners every day, our distribution network is wider than ever, and we are expanding our presence in Asian markets considerably."
- "I brought my eyes wide shut mask and everything!"
- "You open your mouth real wide, and I see if I can hit it with one of these tasty little chocolates."
- "However, I would like to offer you a voucher for $1 off your next purchase from our wide soup range."
- "We do have a wide selection of beverages: red wine, white wine, vodka, whiskey, cognac, apple juice, orange juice, ginger ale, soda, even Fresca."
Still having difficulties with 'Wide'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Wide'? Share it with us!