English vocabulary and translations (See all)
I wonder whether we'll have this report finished by Monday or if we will be late.
a wonder: a miracle, a marvel, a spectacle, a phenomenon
It's a wonder that he's still running marathons at the age of 90.
UK: Can you name the seven wonders of the world?
US: I wonder if I can...
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "I was wondering if you could perhaps use your political influence, as the president of Europe to, er, pull a few strings?"
- "I wonder why?"
- "I was wondering where you got those magnificent baby blues!"
- "One wonders how the company's CEO, Bruno Delavigne will react to this latest fiasco."
- "I wonder if this masseur is going to be on."
- "On a lighter note, I was wondering if you could recommend some restaurants in the area."
- "Bruno : Hi, I'm in town on business for a couple of days and I was wondering if you could give me some recommendations."
- "Sometimes I wonder if it's worth organising any kind of social activities at the company."
- "It's the big, hunky landmass between Africa and the Atlantic in case you were wondering."
- "Kevin : Well Mrs Lee, because your factory seems so versatile, I was wondering if you would be able to handle our cosmetic packaging as well."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Wonder'? Share it with us!