English vocabulary and translations (See all)
Did you see Kevin wrestle the intern for two dollars? He pushed him to the floor and held him down until he gave it to him.
wrestling: a sport where two people fight and try to throw each other to the ground
UK: I can wrestle a crocodile with one hand behind my back.
US: I went to a wrestling match between two women yesterday, it was wild.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "I was just teaching Edward some new Greco-Roman wrestling techniques."
- "What about football and girls and wrestling?"
- "Your lips are like two satin pillows wrestling each other in a battle to conquer your face."
- "So whether you're wrestling market trends or man-eating alligators, Outback Cologne is sure to give you an edge on the competition."
- "Said one drunk bar patron, 'This one guy wanted to watch a show about midget bachelorettes in bikinis, then this other dude, a big guy with a beard and a mustache and a lot of tattoos, he wanted to watch a wrestling match."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Wrestle'? Share it with us!