English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a zoo: a place where wild animals are kept in cages so that people can look at them
- "Where we going? Zoo? Airport?"
- "Shoshana was captured and caged minutes after the attack, when stunned zoo personnel discovered the tiger standing over Timothy and kissing him affectionately."
- "Embarrassed zoo employees say that killing such 'problem animals' is standard procedure, and reported that Shoshana will be given a lethal injection in a private ceremony attended by only a veterinarian and a priest."
- "This is the third such escape from a major zoo in as many months."
- "It's like a zoo in your computer."
- "the zoo country."
- "Ms. Lohan already sits on our board of trustees, however she is considering investing a large amount of capital in the company, which would allow us to finally purchase the island zoo that Horatio keeps asking for."
- "Airport zoo?"
- "-We've got a problem with the black and white Chinese people at the zoo."
- "A rare Siberian tiger named 'Shoshana' escaped from her pen at the San Francisco zoo yesterday night and attacked a crowd of seven teenagers who had been insulting her, seriously injuring all seven of them. An eighth person, a six year old boy named Timothy Aldridge, was licked by the tiger, and later said the tiger's tongue felt 'like sandpaper' and that her breath smelled like 'muffins'."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Zoo'? Share it with us!