English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a zoo: a place where wild animals are kept in cages so that people can look at them
- "This is the third such escape from a major zoo in as many months."
- "Shoshana was captured and caged minutes after the attack, when stunned zoo personnel discovered the tiger standing over Timothy and kissing him affectionately."
- "Ms. Lohan already sits on our board of trustees, however she is considering investing a large amount of capital in the company, which would allow us to finally purchase the island zoo that Horatio keeps asking for."
- "Airport zoo?"
- "-We've got a problem with the black and white Chinese people at the zoo."
- "Where we going? Zoo? Airport?"
- "A rare Siberian tiger named 'Shoshana' escaped from her pen at the San Francisco zoo yesterday night and attacked a crowd of seven teenagers who had been insulting her, seriously injuring all seven of them. An eighth person, a six year old boy named Timothy Aldridge, was licked by the tiger, and later said the tiger's tongue felt 'like sandpaper' and that her breath smelled like 'muffins'."
- "It's like a zoo in your computer."
- "Embarrassed zoo employees say that killing such 'problem animals' is standard procedure, and reported that Shoshana will be given a lethal injection in a private ceremony attended by only a veterinarian and a priest."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Zoo'? Share it with us!