Understanding grammar is key to understanding a language.
English grammar tips with Gymglish, online English lessons.
- It's Polly's (office). It belongs to Polly. (genitive)
- It's her office. It's Polly's office. (possessive adjective)
- It's hers. It belongs to her. (possessive pronoun).
- It's Bob's (briefcase). It's (the briefcase) of Bob.
- It's mine. It belongs to me.
- It's my briefcase. It (this briefcase) belongs to me.
The steering wheel of the car. or The car steering wheel.
Taking your learning further
Still facing difficulties with 'Possession'? Improve your English with Gymglish - try our English lessons for free now and receive a free level assessment!
Do you know any tips to avoid making mistakes with 'Possession'? Share it with us!