The preposition en
We use the preposition en (in, on) to:
Talk about time
- before the names of months
Tengo vacaciones en julio.
I have holidays in July.
- before the names of seasons
Las flores están preciosas en primavera.
Flowers are beautiful in spring.
- before specific dates (years, decades, centuries)
Me gradué en 2010.
I graduated in 2010.
Talk about locations
- inside something (a room, house, street, city, country, etc.)
Estoy en el hotel.
I am in the hotel.
Lo puedes leer en la novela.
You can read it in the novel.
- when something is on/on top of something.
Está en la mesa.
It is on the table.
- when referring to a mode of transportation (="by")
Voy en coche al trabajo.
I go to work by car.
Still facing difficulties with 'The preposition en'? Improve your Spanish with Gymglish - try our Spanish lessons for free now and receive a free level assessment!
What our users say:
Improve your Spanish further and test Hotel Borbollón, online Spanish lessons.