English vocabulary and translations (See all)
(a) vegan: a person who does not eat or use any animal products, such as meat, eggs, cheese or leather
A vegan does not eat any animal products (butter, eggs, etc.) while vegetarians generally abstain from meat only.
- "I'm a vegan."
- "Vegetarian options include our 'Vegetarian Soup' and 'Vegan Soup'."
- "Items marked 'VV' are vegan, and those marked 'V' are suitable for vegetarians."
- "José : We got chicken, carne asada, steak, shredded beef, queso, Mexican sausage, beef tongue, vegetarian, or vegan."
- "Perhaps you are a purist and limit yourself to downloading pornography and heavy metal music, however whether you are podcasting vegan recipes or ranting about Venezuelan foreign policy on a message board, it seems clear that the Web has become less of an occasional tool than a full-time distraction."
- "However, I now have an answer to all of your concerns: health and safety, hygiene, nutrition, freshness of food, vegetarian options, vegan options, kosher options, halal options, nut allergies, and all the other things you're always bothering me about."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Vegan'? Share it with us!