Full Stack Python Developer (Florianópolis, Brazil)
Gymglish is a Paris-based company founded in 2004. We offer innovative language learning solutions online using personalized content, an expert learning system and a team of creative content writers. Our aim is to keep learners engaged and motivated thanks to fun, short, content personalized to their needs. Our courses are used by over 3 million people worldwide, including over 6000 businesses and 100 partner schools and universities. The Gymglish team is made up of 25 people of 9 different nationalities. We speak 10 different languages (not including made up ones like Java, Swedish and C++).
Full Stack Python Developer
As a developer at Gymglish, you will participate in all aspects of our development process. We use mainly Python and MySQL running on Linux, but we use lots of libraries like Django, React, Angular, jQuery, MongoDB, Bootstrap and tools like JIRA, Google Apps, Grunt, Less, Reviewboard, Jenkins, Sentry, etc. We document our code, test our functions and peer review our commits. We value quality and simplicty. We love open-source software.
You will be working from our Floripa office, at Lagoa da Conceição. You should be quite autonomous, but our Paris and Tel-Aviv teams are never far away. You'll have the opportunity to learn and share, work with nice colleagues and be part of a growing team, sharing experiences and helping to create a good working environment. We value our company culture.
- Full Stack Python Developer.
- General Python and web development of existing and future products: specification, architecture, development, testing and deployment.
- Project management and interfacing with remote teams and partners.
- Possibility to rapidly obtain responsibilities and have lots of autonomy.
What we are looking for
- A developer passionate about creating products and solving problems.
- Very good Python and general programming skills.
- Very good and clear communication (oral and written) in English.
- Previous professional experience as a developer.
- Self-driven and keen on learning new things.
Bonus points for
- Experience or interest in mobile application development (iOS, Android).
- Experience or interest in design, usability and ergonomy.
- Experience or interest in Linux administration.
- Knowledge of French or other languages and the capacity/motivation to learn.
Some of our perks
- Cool office close to nature
- Flexible working hours
- Language lessons using our products and partnered teachers
- Contract: Full-time permanent position (CLT).
- Location: Lagoa da Conceição, Florianópolis (Brazil). Great location - Relaxed, peaceful, green atmosphere, close to the best beaches in Floripa.
- Compensation: Competitive fixed salary plus VR, VA, health plan and other bonuses.
- Availability: ASAP.
- To apply for this position: Please send your CV (in English please!) and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.