English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
to have a cold: to have a viral infection (a common illness, especially in cold weather)
to catch a cold to become ill with a cold
- "I have a cold, and I think Mr. Jones might have fired me this morning -"
YES/NO I've got a bit of a cold."
- "It's pretty much a cold blue desert up here."
- "It's so rare that we actually meet with each other outside the boardroom. How about a cold glass of Seamus Dog Whiskey?"
- "I have a bit of a cold, but I will do my best."
- "Brian : It's just a cold!"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'A cold'? Share it with us!