English vocabulary and translations (See all)
also: as well, too, plus
UK: I need five bananas, some toilet paper and a bottle of champagne... oh, and I'll also take a cigar.
US: I would also like a cigar.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Like you, I also receive many e-mails."
- "I want to wear something bright today, something loud… Something that says “I'm in charge of my longtime boss who I'm also in love with”."
- "I am also filled with terror upon discovering your new president, but that is a discussion for another time!"
- "And the beauty of this song is - in case it wins me any bonus points - you can also use it for New Year too, which I assume I'll also be spending alone."
- "That's also a fun thing to do."
- "Also, I left some chocolate in your top drawer."
- "Also, it goes without saying (Horatio) that the children shouldn't be touched."
- "Don't forget the winner of the contest will spend a weekend with me on my private jet (also a contractual obligation)."
- "I've also renewed our contract with Ivana Bümbüm and she will continue to promote Delavigne perfumes for the next four years."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Also'? Share it with us!