English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to become (rich and famous): to start to be (rich and famous)
- "Every passenger on this plane who had fish for dinner will become violently ill in the next half hour."
- "Can you believe that our Philip has become an artist?"
- "Pale English teen becomes viral sensation with risqué photos."
- "Brian : Gideon, this contest has become European Carnage."
- "Susie : So there I was with my best mates, and it was just like old times again, before I became CEO of Delavigne, before Jean proposed marriage, before Bruno took me away in his helicopter."
- "Brian : Remember Edward, Bruno needs that photocopying done for 11AM. No daydreaming of becoming a rock star!"
- "I've made a decision, however, and rather than follow in my grandfather's footsteps, and live his dream, I've decided to pursue my own dream. Ladies and gentleman, I've decided to become."
- "After undergoing successful therapy, I have now embarked upon the greatest endeavor of my career - becoming a painter."
- "Let's take a quick vote: everyone in favor of me becoming CEO say "yay" or "nay"."
- "Southside Johnny is loyal to the family, but I got to look out for British Bob, because he's got his eyes on becoming the new Don."
Still having difficulties with 'Become'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Become'? Share it with us!