English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
the birth: the time when a baby comes out of its mother's body; the creation, the start
UK: Childbirth can be very painful.
US: I was present at the birth of my son.
- "Icarus : But, it's my birth."
- "On a personal note, I know a great midwife specializing in natural home births."
- "You can take 3 to 4 weeks' paid maternity leave in the time leading up to the birth (paid at 55-60% your normal salary)."
- "He lived through 2 world wars, the sinking of the Titanic, a man on the moon, and the birth of a new millennium."
- "The Conservative Party, of which Sir Bear has been a member since birth, has distanced itself from the MP's remarks."
- "It's with great pleasure that I announce the birth of my second child: Molly Louise Carter."
- "After the birth, you continue to receive this money for either 6 weeks (for vaginal births - which I recommend) or 8 weeks (for C-section deliveries - which I do not recommend)."
- "Conductor : As I was saying, Boston played a large role in the birth of our great nation, which is why it is sometimes called the "cradle of liberty"."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Birth'? Share it with us!