English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
the birth: the time when a baby comes out of its mother's body; the creation, the start
UK: Childbirth can be very painful.
US: I was present at the birth of my son.
- "You can take 3 to 4 weeks' paid maternity leave in the time leading up to the birth (paid at 55-60% your normal salary)."
- "After the birth, you continue to receive this money for either 6 weeks (for vaginal births - which I recommend) or 8 weeks (for C-section deliveries - which I do not recommend)."
- "Conductor : As I was saying, Boston played a large role in the birth of our great nation, which is why it is sometimes called the "cradle of liberty"."
- "It's with great pleasure that I announce the birth of my second child: Molly Louise Carter."
- "On a personal note, I know a great midwife specializing in natural home births."
- "The Conservative Party, of which Sir Bear has been a member since birth, has distanced itself from the MP's remarks."
- "He lived through 2 world wars, the sinking of the Titanic, a man on the moon, and the birth of a new millennium."
- "Icarus : But, it's my birth."
Still having difficulties with 'Birth'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Birth'? Share it with us!