English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a candidate: a contender, an applicant, an entrant, a contestant
- "As you can see, all three candidates are capable of thinking outside the box."
- "The bad news is: some faulty incense sticks led to a small fire in my office and destroyed all of the candidates' files."
- "Krazy Gideon : First crazy question to our first candidate: Edward Moon."
- "So, after three rounds of interviews, I've determined that you're one of the strongest candidates."
- "Of all the candidates that applied, you're the least qualified, but the most handsome."
- "Susie : Yes actually - I'm conducting a few final interviews with marketing candidates."
- "Only three candidates remain, and although I can no longer remember what job these people are applying for, they must be very good at something to make it to this stage, which is very encouraging."
- "Ok, other white male candidate, what think you?"
- "Good luck in piecing them together and ultimately choosing the most suitable candidate for the job (whatever it is)."
- "Ahead of the vote on June 1st, 2020, the two remaining candidates, Brits Edward Moon and Brian Jones, will clash on the big issues: cheese, the environment and the Eurovision song contest."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Candidate'? Share it with us!