English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a candidate: a contender, an applicant, an entrant, a contestant
- "Ahead of the vote on June 1st, 2020, the two remaining candidates, Brits Edward Moon and Brian Jones, will clash on the big issues: cheese, the environment and the Eurovision song contest."
- "So, after three rounds of interviews, I've determined that you're one of the strongest candidates."
- "Susie : Yes actually - I'm conducting a few final interviews with marketing candidates."
- "Ok, other white male candidate, what think you?"
- "The bad news is: some faulty incense sticks led to a small fire in my office and destroyed all of the candidates' files."
- "Only three candidates remain, and although I can no longer remember what job these people are applying for, they must be very good at something to make it to this stage, which is very encouraging."
- "As you can see, all three candidates are capable of thinking outside the box."
- "Of all the candidates that applied, you're the least qualified, but the most handsome."
- "Krazy Gideon : First crazy question to our first candidate: Edward Moon."
- "Good luck in piecing them together and ultimately choosing the most suitable candidate for the job (whatever it is)."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Candidate'? Share it with us!