Definition Carbon footprint
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
the carbon footprint (of an activity): the amount of carbon generated (by an activity)
- "giving consumers information about the carbon footprints of the products they purchase."
- "The basic philosophy behind the movement is that eating locally has ecological value: The carbon footprint of Kobe beef which has made the trip from Japan to New York has more of an environmental impact than a piece of fresh meat from the local farmer's market."
- "Have you even measured your carbon footprints?"
- "Now, let's get down to details, tell me more about carbon footprints."
- "Does your dinner's carbon footprint make a difference?"
- "Bruno : Carbon footprints?"
Still having difficulties with 'Carbon footprint'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Carbon footprint'? Share it with us!