English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
certainly: of course, without a doubt, for sure, definitely
"Are you going to Bruno's party?" -"I certainly am. I will be there without a doubt!"
UK: I can't come today, but I'll certainly come tomorrow.
US: I am certainly flattered by your proposition.
- "It's certainly not a traditional career trajectory, but I applaud you for it."
- "You have extensive experience in the customer service field and you certainly seem qualified for this position."
- "Receptionist : Certainly sir."
- "Bruno : Certainly."
- "Waitress : Certainly sir."
- "Owner : Certainly."
- "Philip : Well Edward, this lunch has certainly been an experience."
- "Gerald : I most certainly do not."
- "You've certainly reminded why I came to live in America."
- "I just want to reassure you that you're both bad, and that song was certainly double bad."
Still having difficulties with 'Certainly'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Certainly'? Share it with us!