English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a dessert: a sweet dish at the end of a meal (examples: cake, ice cream, fruit)
UK: Chocolate pudding is my favourite dessert.
US: What's for dessert, mommy?
- "No coffee, no dessert."
- "We'll have du pâté en croûte, des petits gésiers, la côte de boeuf, des morilles, des fromages en veux-tu, en voilà, et des îles flottantes en dessert."
- "Desserts Steamed pecan and honey pudding V"
- "Jean : You call that a dessert?"
- "We can negotiate a dessert when the time comes, but I'd prefer that you just drink ice water."
- "Sam : Well there's always room for a bit of dessert, Bruno."
- "Clarence : Can I interest you in dessert?"
- "I'm already on my dessert!"
- "(to hold out for) pie in the sky - (to wait for) a reward promised for the future, like a delicious dessert waiting for you in heaven"
- "Wild boar sauté (must order 10 days in advance) Desserts"
Still having difficulties with 'Dessert'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Dessert'? Share it with us!