Definition Dying to do something
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to be dying to do something: to be very anxious and excited to do something
The construction to be dying + infinitive verb expresses a great desire to do something.
Mr. Chang is dying to meet you. He is very excited about seeing you.
- "They're dying to meet you."
- "Everyone's dying to know!"
- "I'm dying to rediscover fine British cuisine."
- "I'm probably going to regret saying this, but there's a secret I've been dying to share with someone."
- "Please let me know if anyone is lacking inspiration because I have a list of environmentally-friendly gift ideas which I am dying to share."
- "I'm dying to know what's inside!"
- "Brian : Anyway, open up the briefcase, I'm dying to know what's inside!"
Still having difficulties with 'Dying to do something'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Dying to do something'? Share it with us!