Dying to do something
English vocabulary and translations (See all)
to be dying to do something: to be very anxious and excited to do something
The construction to be dying + infinitive verb expresses a great desire to do something.
Mr. Chang is dying to meet you. He is very excited about seeing you.
- "Brian : Anyway, open up the briefcase, I'm dying to know what's inside!"
- "Please let me know if anyone is lacking inspiration because I have a list of environmentally-friendly gift ideas which I am dying to share."
- "Everyone's dying to know!"
- "I'm probably going to regret saying this, but there's a secret I've been dying to share with someone."
- "I'm dying to rediscover fine British cuisine."
- "They're dying to meet you."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Dying to do something'? Share it with us!