English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to eliminate: to eradicate, to abolish, to exterminate, to get rid of
- "You are eliminated if"
- "you eliminate the sound of crackling by wiping the dust from the record and needle with a cloth."
- "How do I eliminate the sound of crackling?"
- "But eventually, I found the error and eliminated it!"
- "But here's the real problem. Eliminating half of the fishing industry would have a devastating effect on unemployment levels in Northern Scotland."
- "The first team to completely eliminate the opposing team wins that round;"
- "You eliminate the competition for our perfumes, and I have a hundred screaming partners to worry about."
- "Fashion insiders predict that within two years D&C will be outsourcing abroad for cheaper labour and materials, eliminating the biggest advantage that D&C had over its competitors."
Still having difficulties with 'Eliminate'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Eliminate'? Share it with us!