Definition First thing in the morning
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
(I'll do it) first thing in the morning: (I'll do it) early tomorrow morning, before anything else tomorrow
Put those files on my desk, and I'll look at them first thing in the morning as soon as I get here.
- "Please come over first thing after lunch today."
- "We did see a guy first thing this morning who had a meat skewer jammed through his forearm. He said his ex-wife did it after she found out he lost his job."
- "I'm calling an emergency meeting for tomorrow (Friday the 13th) first thing in the morning (8:15 am to be precise)."
- "Polly : Well, first thing in the morning, I read through all my e-mails and respond to any urgent matters."
- "First thing Thursday, then-"
- "I'd like to schedule our first meeting for tomorrow morning, first thing."
Still having difficulties with 'First thing in the morning'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'First thing in the morning'? Share it with us!