Definition Great britain
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
Great Britain: an Island in Europe that includes England, Wales and Scotland
- "So, cheers to you, perfumers of Britain, cheers to you!"
- "In the meantime, government researchers across Britain are waiting to see the effectiveness of this new policy."
- "Kevin : Yes, Wales is next to England, it's a part of Britain."
- "Well we don't use that system in Britain, but I can tell you that I graduated top of my class in Oxford, with a first class degree."
- "When people think about Britain, what's the first thing they think of?"
- "There are a lot of pubs in Great Britain, aren't there?"
- "This is the first in a series of articles which aim to provide our readers with an insight into current events in Britain, as well as offering you a weekly rant by a rather outspoken woman."
- "Luna : Delavigne does have offices in Britain and France."
- "Susie : We've had angry letters about this advertising campaign from people in Britain and Germany, too."
- "So, my Christmas message this year is simple: people of Britain, no matter how bad the economy gets, please don't occupy Buckingham Palace."
Still having difficulties with 'Great britain'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Great britain'? Share it with us!