Definition Great deal
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
(a) great deal (of work): a lot of, much (work)
She had a great deal of support from her friends and family after the death of her dog.
Note that deal has several meanings:
a good deal a good (business) transaction
to deal (cards) to distribute (cards)
We have a deal! We have an agreement! We are agreed!
- "Bruno : Icarus has brought it to my attention that we're paying a great deal of extra fees to your bank Sam, and I'm afraid most of it is going to your porcelain door handles and your Château Margaux."
- "A fixed-period relocation is a real career booster, and offers a great deal of personal development."
- "There is a great deal of pressure for American companies to adhere to international human rights standards."
- "The candidate we have chosen for the post has a great deal of experience, comes with excellent references, and can start work at 9AM every day."
- "There is a great deal of pressure for American companies to adhere to International Human Rights Standards."
Still having difficulties with 'Great deal'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Great deal'? Share it with us!