English vocabulary and translations (See all)
(a) great deal (of work): a lot of, much (work)
She had a great deal of support from her friends and family after the death of her dog.
Note that deal has several meanings:
a good deal a good (business) transaction
to deal (cards) to distribute (cards)
We have a deal! We have an agreement! We are agreed!
- "There is a great deal of pressure for American companies to adhere to international human rights standards."
- "Bruno : Icarus has brought it to my attention that we're paying a great deal of extra fees to your bank Sam, and I'm afraid most of it is going to your porcelain door handles and your Château Margaux."
- "There is a great deal of pressure for American companies to adhere to International Human Rights Standards."
- "A fixed-period relocation is a real career booster, and offers a great deal of personal development."
- "The candidate we have chosen for the post has a great deal of experience, comes with excellent references, and can start work at 9AM every day."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Great deal'? Share it with us!