Definition Had better
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
you had better (come in): you should (come in), it would be best if (you came in)
- "PS: You had better bring some kleenex or a handkerchief to your meeting, just in case."
- "Icarus : Well, I had better get ready for work."
- "You'd better leave now."
- "You'd better come aboard."
- "Must go, Icarus is making funny noises in his office – I had better check if he's still breathing."
Still having difficulties with 'Had better'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Had better'? Share it with us!