English vocabulary and translations (See all)
you had better (come in): you should (come in), it would be best if (you came in)
- "You'd better come aboard."
- "You'd better leave now."
- "PS: You had better bring some kleenex or a handkerchief to your meeting, just in case."
- "Must go, Icarus is making funny noises in his office – I had better check if he's still breathing."
- "Icarus : Well, I had better get ready for work."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Had better'? Share it with us!