Definition Head to
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to head to (or "to head towards"): to go in the direction of, to go towards
The verb to head is used to express the idea of movement towards a specific destination:
to head to the swimming pool to go towards the swimming pool
to head up the hill to go up the hill
to head south to go in a southerly direction
- "Brian : I am actually headed to San Francisco."
- "Let's head to the pub, boys!"
- "If you're in Hawaii, it's time to put on your swimsuits and head to the beach, because this weekend we'll have highs in the mid 80's with no clouds in sight."
- "Hopefully we can wrap things up quickly and head to the bar."
- "Brian : Uhh, you said you'd be heading to San Francisco?"
- "We're headed to the Dinchester Hotel."
- "Belinda : On line 5 of the bus, heading downtown."
- "Now get dressed, and we'll head to the office, ok?"
Still having difficulties with 'Head to'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Head to'? Share it with us!