Definition Head to
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
to head to (or "to head towards"): to go in the direction of, to go towards
The verb to head is used to express the idea of movement towards a specific destination:
to head to the swimming pool to go towards the swimming pool
to head up the hill to go up the hill
to head south to go in a southerly direction
- "Brian : Uhh, you said you'd be heading to San Francisco?"
- "Now get dressed, and we'll head to the office, ok?"
- "We're headed to the Dinchester Hotel."
- "If you're in Hawaii, it's time to put on your swimsuits and head to the beach, because this weekend we'll have highs in the mid 80's with no clouds in sight."
- "Brian : I am actually headed to San Francisco."
- "Hopefully we can wrap things up quickly and head to the bar."
- "Belinda : On line 5 of the bus, heading downtown."
- "Let's head to the pub, boys!"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Head to'? Share it with us!