English vocabulary and translations (See all)
an island: an isle, a piece of land surrounded by water (example: Hawaii, Cyprus, Iceland)
- "Ms. Lohan already sits on our board of trustees, however she is considering investing a large amount of capital in the company, which would allow us to finally purchase the island zoo that Horatio keeps asking for."
- "We have a North Island and a South Island, our population is around 4.3 million, and our capital city is Wellington."
- "I've never been stuck on an island before, I don't know the proper protocol."
- "Horatio : The island, she is dangerous."
- "Horatio : Yes, it is what you people call an "island"."
- "Brian : Oh my god, Horatio, we're going to die on this wretched island, aren't we?"
- "It will take place on Alcatraz Island, at the infamous prison."
- "1988–1993 Brown College (Providence, Rhode Island)"
- "He's in the Galapagos islands, tracking the oldest living giant tortoise."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Island'? Share it with us!