English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a kilometer : a unit of distance or length, equal to 1000 meters
1 kilometer = .62 miles, = 3,280 feet.
- "Rob (New Zealand) : New Zealand is located about 2,000 kilometers off the coast of Australia."
- "Brian : 1 mile is about 1.6 kilometers."
- "' When reminded that Zirconda is located nearly 3000 kilometers from mainland Europe, the minister was quoted as saying, 'So what?"
- "Rachid took a wrong turn over Barcelona and now we're approximately 100 kilometers south of Porto."
- "So one mile is how many kilometers?"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Kilometer'? Share it with us!