English vocabulary and translations (See all)
last (week): (the week) which has just passed, before this (week)
I had dinner with Bob last Tuesday. I had dinner with Bob on Tuesday of the week before this week.
- "Our company's marquee perfume release last year, "Adonis for men", has been nominated for a "Smelly" award, the most prestigious award in the perfume industry."
- "Last year was the worst on record for perfume giant Kalvin Krime."
- "I just met with him last month."
- "I got a call from my accountant Bernie Siegelman last month."
- "I suppose it's just a coincidence that Delavigne scheduled this press conference only two days after the release of Kalvin Krime's follow-up to last year's super-popular "KK One"?"
- "Last year, we approved a salary increase, a pension fund, a new health plan with the best HMO in California and even spousal benefits!"
- "Last week, I received a phone call from my great aunt Margaret."
- "He and his media friends have been giving me trouble, and I'm afraid it's the last thing I need right now, what with my recent bear-shooting scandal."
- "Several departments, including Sales and Production, did not spend all of the money they were allocated at last year's budget approval meeting."
- "There is a theory that drunken wizards are responsible for the deaths of some 5,000 pigeons across the United Kingdom in the last year."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Last week'? Share it with us!