English vocabulary and translations (See all)
last (week): (the week) which has just passed, before this (week)
I had dinner with Bob last Tuesday. I had dinner with Bob on Tuesday of the week before this week.
- "He and his media friends have been giving me trouble, and I'm afraid it's the last thing I need right now, what with my recent bear-shooting scandal."
- "Several departments, including Sales and Production, did not spend all of the money they were allocated at last year's budget approval meeting."
- "There is a theory that drunken wizards are responsible for the deaths of some 5,000 pigeons across the United Kingdom in the last year."
- "I got a call from my accountant Bernie Siegelman last month."
- "Last year, we approved a salary increase, a pension fund, a new health plan with the best HMO in California and even spousal benefits!"
- "Last week, I received a phone call from my great aunt Margaret."
- "Our company's marquee perfume release last year, 'Adonis for men', has been nominated for a 'Smelly' award, the most prestigious award in the perfume industry."
- "I suppose it's just a coincidence that Delavigne scheduled this press conference only two days after the release of Kalvin Krime's follow-up to last year's super-popular 'KK One'?"
- "Last year was the worst on record for perfume giant Kalvin Krime."
- "I just met with him last month."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Last week'? Share it with us!