English vocabulary and translations (See all)
the law: the rules of a country, the constitution
UK: The law should be respected at all times.
US: But some laws are just ridiculous.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "I think that the immigration laws in America are too strict!"
- "I know there are possibly some laws that grant amnesty to certain illegal immigrants."
- "I was never very good at my law classes at college."
- "Voting is mandatory down under, and the law is applied rigorously."
- "In accordance with Intergalactic tax law 3.5, your planet will be destroyed."
- "The people of Cheeterland are eagerly awaiting King Cheeter's new laws."
- "The candle lady says there are new office laws, and that I have to wear your stupid American trouser-pants."
- "Warbuckle : Come on now Pedro, it's a good idea, but the laws in Texas forbid me from marrying another man, and besides, you're not really my type."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Law'? Share it with us!