English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a lawyer: a legal representative, a solicitor, an attorney, etc.
A "lawyer" is sometimes referred to as an "attorney" in the USA. In Britain, we talk of "solicitors" and "barristers".
As your lawyer, I advise you to plead "insanity".
UK: I am a lawyer. I practise law.
US: I too am a lawyer, but I am also called an attorney.
- "Lawyers : Open it!"
- "Lawyer : That was the accountant!"
- "Lawyer : Pardon me?"
- "Danica : This is my team of lawyers."
- "Lawyer : Uhhh, Mr Capone."
- "Lawyer : Hello!"
- "Lawyer : Oh no!"
- "Lawyer : Let's just put the body in this office."
- "Looks like I'll need to find a new lawyer too!"
- "Lawyer : The same accountant that was going to help you with your tax evasion case!"
Still having difficulties with 'Lawyer'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Lawyer'? Share it with us!