English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a lawyer: a legal representative, a solicitor, an attorney, etc.
A "lawyer" is sometimes referred to as an "attorney" in the USA. In Britain, we talk of "solicitors" and "barristers".
As your lawyer, I advise you to plead "insanity".
UK: I am a lawyer. I practise law.
US: I too am a lawyer, but I am also called an attorney.
- "Lawyers : Open it!"
- "Lawyer : Uhhh, Mr Capone."
- "Lawyer : Let's just put the body in this office."
- "Danica : This is my team of lawyers."
- "Lawyer : Oh no!"
- "Lawyer : The same accountant that was going to help you with your tax evasion case!"
- "Lawyer : Pardon me?"
- "Lawyer : Hello!"
- "Lawyer : That was the accountant!"
- "Looks like I'll need to find a new lawyer too!"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Lawyer'? Share it with us!