English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a mile: a unit to measure length or distance = 1.6 kilometers
The hotel is 50 miles from here: of course we can't walk there.
- "So one mile is how many kilometers?"
- "-Going the extra mile to satisfy a customer is a great way of maintaining customer loyalty."
- "Mile High Airways: The vagabond's choice of air travel."
- "Simpson was arrested by police driving at 180 miles an hour with a small horse in the passenger seat."
- "Brian : Jean, 200 miles takes about three and a half hours by car."
- "Philip : I went camping with my friend Joe in Lake Tahoe, which is about 200 miles north of San Francisco."
- "100 miles"
- "Brian : 1 mile is about 1.6 kilometers."
- "Jean : 200 miles?"
- "Hop in it and take it about two miles down the trail, and then you'll see the guesthouse on your right."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Mile'? Share it with us!