English vocabulary and translations (See all)
the motive: the incentive, the reason why someone does something; the goal, the aim
- "Everyone in this room has a motive for killing Stink."
- "You each had the opportunity - and motive - to kill Stink."
- "So you too have a motive for killing the dog!"
- "sounds like you have a motive too, Edward!"
- "Authorities don't yet know who is behind the virus, but they do know the motive: to steal people's money."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Motive'? Share it with us!