English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
the motive: the incentive, the reason why someone does something; the goal, the aim
- "Everyone in this room has a motive for killing Stink."
- "Authorities don't yet know who is behind the virus, but they do know the motive: to steal people's money."
- "sounds like you have a motive too, Edward!"
- "So you too have a motive for killing the dog!"
- "You each had the opportunity - and motive - to kill Stink."
Still having difficulties with 'Motive'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Motive'? Share it with us!