English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a nation: a country; a large group of people of the same race
UK: Britain is a nation of shopkeepers.
US: The president spoke to the nation about the new tax.
- "Firstly, the Six Nations tournament offers the chance for six European nations – England, France, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, and Wales – to match up against one another."
- "Conductor : As I was saying, Boston played a large role in the birth of our great nation, which is why it is sometimes called the "cradle of liberty"."
- "Professor Hyppolyte Fabuleux said "Ever since the French flu pandemic of 1873, our nation has worn scarves to protect against the common cold and flu."
- "America has always been generous to our immigrants, if they're willing to work hard, they can be part of our great nation."
- "Despite this isolated incident, I believe that our two cultures are closer than ever, and this is reflected by this collaboration between the perfumers of our two great nations."
- "We're supposed to bring democracy to a small nation by Friday, and we don't even know where we're bringing it."
- "I hope you'll come back soon with more information about the fascinating nation of Scandinavia."
- "Bring democracy to a small nation."
- "Let's take a short break and we'll be back to learn more about your exotic, undiscovered nations."
Still having difficulties with 'Nation'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Nation'? Share it with us!