Definition On board
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
on board: inside the vehicle (plane, ship or train); cooperating, taking part
I was on board the train when it crashed. I was inside the train at the time.
Baby on board Baby inside the car (sign on the back window of cars)
- "They're on board?"
- "It may sound like an accident waiting to happen, but certain high-profile university professors are researching powering aircraft with on-board nuclear reactors."
- "By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"
- "Desmond : Of course they're on board, Brian."
- "12 screaming babies on board."
- "We've got Bümbüm on board, new exotic chemicals, a new factory."
- "The boat is waiting and my monkeys are already on board."
Still having difficulties with 'On board'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'On board'? Share it with us!