English vocabulary and translations (See all)
the paperwork: the work that involves filing in forms, writing reports, administrative tasks, etc.
I'll be late tonight; I've got to prepare some paperwork for my divorce.
UK: Paperwork, paperwork! I should be catching criminals not filling in these stupid forms.
US: I didn't become a cop to do paperwork either!
- "We consulted a team of lawyers and real-estate agents before even filling out all the forms. We were all but assured by a clerk in your own office that the paperwork was in perfect order."
- "I can bring the necessary paperwork to your office this afternoon if you wish to go through with the recall."
- "No more paperwork for me!"
- "You signed the paperwork when you joined the company, but I guess you weren't paying attention!"
- "I think you'll find all of my paperwork is in order."
- "Also, please put together a contract for Brian, and collect any information we need to fill out our paperwork: social security number, medical history, insurance information and any other personal details."
- "Lucy, you stay on the line and we'll sort out the paperwork, okay?"
- "It is not a technical problem. The problem is the paperwork."
- "All you need is Horatio's signature on the paperwork."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Paperwork'? Share it with us!