English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
permanent: lasting, unchanging, fixed
I need to find a permanent job, I'm tired of temporary work.
- "only offer you a mobile phone number, rather than a land line and a permanent address."
- "In some cases Anosmia maybe permanent, although few people have reported a recovery."
- "In some cases Anosmia may be permanent, although a few people have reported a recovery."
- "Horatio has very generously given us permission to use his laboratory until we find a more permanent location."
- "Smithson argues that stress starts to pose serious threats such as permanent damage to brain cells (which has linked high stress levels to alzheimer's disease and strokes) and high blood pressure (the link between stress and heart attacks) only when the stress is allowed to build up over a long period of time."
- "However, I can tell you that the initiative kills two birds with one stone: not only should it improve the level of hygiene in the office, it will also provide a permanent use for otherwise useless intern, Edward Moon."
- "PERMANENT ADDRESS"
Still having difficulties with 'Permanent'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Permanent'? Share it with us!