English vocabulary and translations (See all)
political (debate): a (debate) about politics or by politicians
- "In their heyday in the mid-20th century, American labor unions provided a political force to be reckoned with."
- "I'm Brent Vanderplop and I'm joined in the studio by our political correspondent Wendy Boyd."
- "I was wondering if you could perhaps use your political influence, as the president of Europe to, er, pull a few strings?"
- "Brent : Good morning listeners and welcome to today's Radio Rhubarb political segment, where we'll be talking about voter turnout."
- "Quite frankly Jean, if I told you about my political views, I'm afraid I would have to kill you."
- "But seriously Jean, my political views are personal, and shouldn't leave this room. Understood?"
- "Anyhow, your mission for this week, should you choose to accept it, is to learn as much as you can about your colleagues' political views without offending them. For example, is your colleague a Democrat or a Republican?"
- "by James Smithe, Political Correspondent"
- "Political Science"
- "Run for political office."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Political'? Share it with us!