English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a prison: a jail, a place where criminals are kept as a punishment
to go to prison to be arrested and locked up
a prison sentence a period of time spent in prison
- "Looks like you've managed to escape prison one more time!"
- "He says that it reminds him of his youth in an Uzbekh clown prison, but did not elaborate."
- "Bruno will be "captured" by some fake policemen, mildly beaten and then taken to the prison in a boat."
- "After being kept in solitary confinement for two hours, he will be released only to discover staff and friends dressed as prisoners, and the festivities will begin in the old prison canteen!"
- "And I thank God that I am a woman and you are a boy, and not the other way round, otherwise I would be in prison."
- "I ain't going back to prison, you'll see!"
- "It will take place on Alcatraz Island, at the infamous prison."
- "The unit is available now, previous tenant in prison"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Prison'? Share it with us!