Definition Run verb
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to run: to move quickly (on foot) (as in a race, for example)
This is an irregular verb:
I run / I ran / I have run
- "At 3.32pm Horatio Oléré was seen running into his laboratory."
- "Incidentally, you might want to RUN!"
- "Hannah : Why have you been running?"
- "Rupert : Well, if the fox hasn't had a heart attack from running, then it is usually eaten alive by the dogs."
- "Park Ranger : Yes, quite. I've been running."
- "I can't run, let alone swim in the ocean!"
- "Horatio grabbed me and started running, but then."
- "Joan Wayne attempted to scare the shark by firing at its dorsal fin, then challenged the shark to a duel, running into the water with pistols drawn."
Still having difficulties with 'Run verb'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Run verb'? Share it with us!