Definition Stop someone from doing sthg
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to stop, to keep (someone) from doing something: to prevent (someone) from doing something, to make sure (someone) does not do something
To keep a baby from crying
- "In the meantime, why don't you get a large rock so that I can keep the car from rolling?"
- "Leonard : To stop him from leaving."
- "Rupert : Actually, fox hunting has been banned since 2004, but that hasn't stopped me and my friends from hunting those foxes!"
- "Listen, I really don't have time to speak to him right now, can't you just make up some sort of excuse to stop him from calling?"
- "We also couldn't stop some of our younger girls from.."
Still having difficulties with 'Stop someone from doing sthg'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Stop someone from doing sthg'? Share it with us!