Stop someone from doing sthg
English vocabulary and translations (See all)
to stop, to keep (someone) from doing something: to prevent (someone) from doing something, to make sure (someone) does not do something
To keep a baby from crying
- "Listen, I really don't have time to speak to him right now, can't you just make up some sort of excuse to stop him from calling?"
- "In the meantime, why don't you get a large rock so that I can keep the car from rolling?"
- "Rupert : Actually, fox hunting has been banned since 2004, but that hasn't stopped me and my friends from hunting those foxes!"
- "We also couldn't stop some of our younger girls from.."
- "Leonard : To stop him from leaving."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Stop someone from doing sthg'? Share it with us!