Definition Stop someone from doing sthg
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
to stop, to keep (someone) from doing something: to prevent (someone) from doing something, to make sure (someone) does not do something
To keep a baby from crying
- "Rupert : Actually, fox hunting has been banned since 2004, but that hasn't stopped me and my friends from hunting those foxes!"
- "In the meantime, why don't you get a large rock so that I can keep the car from rolling?"
- "We also couldn't stop some of our younger girls from.."
- "Leonard : To stop him from leaving."
- "Listen, I really don't have time to speak to him right now, can't you just make up some sort of excuse to stop him from calling?"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Stop someone from doing sthg'? Share it with us!