Definition Take the time to
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to take the time (to thank someone): to spend a few moments (thanking someone)
I'd like to take the time to thank you for coming tonight. I'd just like to spend a few moments to say thank you all for coming.
She took the time to visit me in hospital
- "As you know, these meetings are an opportunity for us to discuss what is going on in this crazy world, because often we're so busy with our daily responsibilities that we don't take the time to see what's really going on around us!"
- "I would like to take the time to send you this letter of apology."
- "Thank you for taking the time to write to us."
- "First, I'd like to take the time to apologize for the incompetence of our representatives."
- "First of all, let me thank you for taking the time to come into the office for the interview last Wednesday."
- "Take the time to phone close relatives."
Still having difficulties with 'Take the time to'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Take the time to'? Share it with us!