The fact that
English vocabulary and translations (See all)
the fact that...: the situation of...
The fact that he is blind doesn't stop him from having a job. Despite his blindness, he can still have a job.
- "It is clear that Delavigne should be looking at targeting the male 15-24 age group, while at the same time advertising the fact that Delavigne products have no negative side effects for males of this age range."
- "Don't let the fact that you're being watched disturb you."
- "Susie : I think you might have heard about the fact that Kalvin Krime has launched some perfumed billboards."
- "How about the fact that I hate my son?"
- "Susie : Anyway, ignoring the fact that you didn't think of this idea, it's still terrible."
- "They don't like the fact that I'm Irish yet I travelled from the US!"
- "I shouldn't have to mention the fact that the floors are always dirty, the bins are overflowing, the rumpus room smells like roquefort, and there is a heart-shaped bleach stain on the carpet by the cleaning cupboard."
- "This is the main advantage of Stickypedia: the fact that content is constantly being updated means that only the best, truest information survives."
- "I'm worried that some of the staff might resent the fact that Bruno appointed me."
- "If Greek tragedy has taught us anything (apart from the fact that we shouldn't sleep with our mothers), it is that too much pride, or hubris, brings nothing but trouble."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'The fact that'? Share it with us!