English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a theory: a hypothesis, a philosophy, a plan; a belief, a speculation, a feeling
- "It's such a good idea in theory!"
- "Then I discovered the theory of 'six degrees of separation', and if you stick with me, I'll tell you what it is."
- "Smithson's theory is that the mother's worry may stimulate the fetus' brain."
- "I'm going to talk to you today in my role as an 'entrepreneur' about the importance of networking, and a theory called the 'six degrees of separation' which could help you be as successful and rich as me."
- "There is a theory that drunken wizards are responsible for the deaths of some 5,000 pigeons across the United Kingdom in the last year."
- "To start earning your wings, we offer a two-hour introductory training session with Captain Donny Dare which includes an hour of theory and cookies, then a one-hour flight in a small, easy-to-fly sport plane."
- "So in theory, Janine, for how long would."
- "In theory, Rebecca should love TigerLily;"
- "Harold Warbuckle : The theory of 'Six Degrees of Separation' says that any person on the planet is connected to any other person through six relationships."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Theory'? Share it with us!