English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a theory: a hypothesis, a philosophy, a plan; a belief, a speculation, a feeling
- "To start earning your wings, we offer a two-hour introductory training session with Captain Donny Dare which includes an hour of theory and cookies, then a one-hour flight in a small, easy-to-fly sport plane."
- "It's such a good idea in theory!"
- "Harold Warbuckle : The theory of "Six Degrees of Separation" says that any person on the planet is connected to any other person through six relationships."
- "There is a theory that drunken wizards are responsible for the deaths of some 5,000 pigeons across the United Kingdom in the last year."
- "So in theory, Janine, for how long would."
- "In theory, Rebecca should love TigerLily;"
- "I'm going to talk to you today in my role as an "entrepreneur" about the importance of networking, and a theory called the "six degrees of separation" which could help you be as successful and rich as me."
- "Then I discovered the theory of "six degrees of separation", and if you stick with me, I'll tell you what it is."
- "Smithson's theory is that the mother's worry may stimulate the fetus' brain."
Still having difficulties with 'Theory'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Theory'? Share it with us!