Definition To call back
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to call, phone (someone) back: to return a call to (someone); to call (someone) after they have called you, to ring (someone) back
- "I found a discrepancy on my recent bank summary, and I was hoping to speak with someone who can attend to this problem. I'm sure that you are all quite busy, but I would greatly appreciate it if I could receive a call back from a manager, preferably sometime this afternoon."
- "No need to phone me back."
- "So, uh, please call me back whenever you get the chance and we'll set up a meeting."
- "Polly : I don't want a call back."
- "I will call back later, because Dr. Badguy always calls back!"
- "Do you want me to call back?"
- "Brian : -but perhaps you should phone back."
- "I want you to tear up your notes and call back."
- "I am in mother Russia right now, where we don't have telephones, but if you leave nice message, I call back in seven years."
- "Brian : No, that's quite alright, I'll call back some other time."
Still having difficulties with 'To call back'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'To call back'? Share it with us!