English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to whisper: to talk in a very low voice, to speak with the breath but not the voice
They were all whispering in the boardroom before the CEO arrived. They were speaking in very low voices as they didn't want anyone to hear what they were saying.
- "There is no dialogue, only the rhythm of pulsating African drums. After 15 seconds, we superimpose the Delavigne logo over the girl's face, and then we have a voice-over, with a woman whispering: "TigerLily by Delavigne"."
- "Should I whisper too?"
- "Whisper to me, Esmeralda."
- "Esmeralda : Whispering monkey noises"
- "Brent : Why are you whispering, Stephanie?"
- "String quartets serenade you, as you whisper "I love you" in the gentle breeze."
- "Stephanie : I'm whispering because right now I'm in a tree with three sleeping koalas."
Still having difficulties with 'Whisper'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Whisper'? Share it with us!