English vocabulary and translations (See all)
yesterday: the day before today
I wasn't born yesterday. I'm not stupid, you can't fool me that easily. (figurative)
- "Subject: Big explosion yesterday"
- "I just wanted to follow up on our conversation yesterday, and let you know that I'll be available for a telephone interview on Tuesday of next week."
- "Yesterday we went on a trip to Newquay."
- "Watching your 'performance' yesterday at the Smelly Awards, I felt a wide spectrum of emotions: Disappointment."
- "Yesterday I had to stay at the office later than usual in order to catch up on some paperwork."
- "Yesterday he set fire to a truck."
- "Bruno : But enough about money, I went to the doctor yesterday and he said 'You're fat'."
- "In light of yesterday's unfortunate laboratory explosion (on the bright side, just our third this year!"
- "Yesterday, during my ‘re-education' session, I endured cruel treatment that had but one goal: to remove the very essence of my Britishness."
- "I have faxed over some documents, which you should have received yesterday."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Yesterday'? Share it with us!