Definition Half hour
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a half hour (US) or half an hour (US, UK): 30 minutes
- "The match will start in half an hour."
- "Every passenger on this plane who had fish for dinner will become violently ill in the next half hour."
- "Delunatik (Luna DeLune) says : Just a half hour."
- "And while I'm here, we'll be serving dinner in about half an hour."
- "My meeting with Philip Cheeter is in half an hour."
- "After complaining about the weather for half an hour, she told me that she recently handed over a cheque for £90,000 to a "nice young man", and that in exchange he promised to re-plaster the ceiling in her sitting room. I'm no expert on re-plastering, but this seems like a rather large sum of money."
Still having difficulties with 'Half hour'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Half hour'? Share it with us!