English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a half hour (US) or half an hour (US, UK): 30 minutes
- "After complaining about the weather for half an hour, she told me that she recently handed over a cheque for £90,000 to a "nice young man", and that in exchange he promised to re-plaster the ceiling in her sitting room. I'm no expert on re-plastering, but this seems like a rather large sum of money."
- "The match will start in half an hour."
- "My meeting with Philip Cheeter is in half an hour."
- "And while I'm here, we'll be serving dinner in about half an hour."
- "Delunatik (Luna DeLune) says : Just a half hour."
- "Every passenger on this plane who had fish for dinner will become violently ill in the next half hour."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Half hour'? Share it with us!