Definition To give birth
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
(She) gave birth to (a baby): (She) delivered, created, pushed out (a baby)
UK: I never want to give birth. I want a caesarian section.
US: My mother gave birth to me in the back of a limousine.
- "My darling wife, Sophie, gave birth to the seven-pound two-ounce cutie at 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon."
- "Sometimes I feel like I'm pregnant with hundreds of thoughts and words and ideas, and I must give birth to them all!"
- "One of my cousins has recently given birth, and I'm so jealous that I actually contemplated kidnapping her newborn baby!"
- "In 1928, Clairette gave birth to their only son Marc, a jazz musician who now lives with his wife in San Francisco."
- "And finally, in more serious news, a cat in Tokyo has given birth to three kittens who have been judged the cutest kittens ever."
- "Highlights include a slow-motion video of the artist giving birth, and a sculpture of an electric chair made entirely out of egg boxes."
Still having difficulties with 'To give birth'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'To give birth'? Share it with us!