To give birth
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
(She) gave birth to (a baby): (She) delivered, created, pushed out (a baby)
UK: I never want to give birth. I want a caesarian section.
US: My mother gave birth to me in the back of a limousine.
- "One of my cousins has recently given birth, and I'm so jealous that I actually contemplated kidnapping her newborn baby!"
- "Highlights include a slow-motion video of the artist giving birth, and a sculpture of an electric chair made entirely out of egg boxes."
- "In 1928, Clairette gave birth to their only son Marc, a jazz musician who now lives with his wife in San Francisco."
- "And finally, in more serious news, a cat in Tokyo has given birth to three kittens who have been judged the cutest kittens ever."
- "Sometimes I feel like I'm pregnant with hundreds of thoughts and words and ideas, and I must give birth to them all!"
- "My darling wife, Sophie, gave birth to the seven-pound two-ounce cutie at 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'To give birth'? Share it with us!