To give birth
English vocabulary and translations (See all)
UK: I never want to give birth. I want a caesarian section.
US: My mother gave birth to me in the back of a limousine.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "In 1928, Clairette gave birth to their only son Marc, a jazz musician who now lives with his wife in San Francisco."
- "One of my cousins has recently given birth, and I'm so jealous that I actually contemplated kidnapping her newborn baby!"
- "Highlights include a slow-motion video of the artist giving birth, and a sculpture of an electric chair made entirely out of egg boxes."
- "My darling wife, Sophie, gave birth to the seven-pound two-ounce cutie at 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon."
- "Sometimes I feel like I'm pregnant with hundreds of thoughts and words and ideas, and I must give birth to them all!"
- "And finally, in more serious news, a cat in Tokyo has given birth to three kittens who have been judged the cutest kittens ever."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'To give birth'? Share it with us!